Skip to main content

Music Monday: The Pretty Reckless


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.

Welcome to 2017!  I can't believe it's already here!  The first band I'm spotlighting of the new year is The Pretty Reckless.  I've recently been hearing their music down quite a bit lately, especially since their newest album, Who You Selling For, released on October 21, 2016.  I didn't realize until recently that the lead singer is Taylor Momsen, aka Cindy Lou Who from How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) with Jim Carrey!

"Take Me Down" (2016) - This is the lead single from the band's newest album.  I'm really addicted to their sound here.


Personally, I think this song would fit perfectly on Supernatural even though it's 30+ years too new!



"Heaven Knows" (2014) - This song is from the band's second studio album called Going to Hell.  I didn't realize that this was The Pretty Reckless until I started hearing it in comparison to "Take Me Down" just recently.  I liked it because it makes me think that this is what "We Will Rock You" would sound like if Joan Jett performed it!




Comments

  1. I love Heaven Knows, but for some reason I've never listened by anything else by The Pretty Reckless.
    I agree, Take Me Down fits soooo good with Supernatural! The lyrics are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember listening to a bit of The Pretty Reckless a few years back but I don't remember what they actually sound like! Taylor Momsen is Jenny on Gossip Girl and that's how I found the band. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never watched that show - I only remember her from How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of this band before but I really like their sound! It's so headbangery but also classy, you know? I'll have to listen to more of them!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a bit, but it's good and addictive isn't it. :)

      Delete
  4. I have never Heard this band. But nice n amazing bro . . :o @ mp3 music

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popular ringtone in 2018
    Hi everybody
    Today I will share with everyone is music. Music is fun. Fun music. Music brings me sanity. I'm going on the music road. That is Ringtone. Free ringtones for people around the world. These are vibrant tunes that you can reference and install:

    - Mera Rang De Basanti Chola ringtone mp3
    - Lag Ja Gale ringtone mp3
    - Download Daru Laina Pee ringtone mp3
    - Aahista ringtone mp3
    - Naino Ki Jo Baat ringtone mp3

    You can leave a review for me, it helps me improve the ringtone more to do a new look for the world of ringtones. Visit my homepage to find more ringtones: ringtonedownload

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows