Skip to main content

Pines (Wayward Pines #1) by Blake Crouch - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ 

Ethan Burke, Secret Service, goes to Wayward Pines, Idaho on a mission to find two missing agents who went missing there a month ago. Shortly after arriving, he's involved in a terrible accident. When he comes to he's in the hospital and although the staff seems friendly enough something is off. He can't pinpoint exactly what it is, but for one thing they won't give him back his personal effects and no one seems to know what happened to them. As he continues his mission in the coming days, he realizes he now has a lot more questions than answers. For example, why does no one believe he is who he says he is, why can't he call his family to let them know he's alright, why is there a huge electric fence surrounding the town? Whatever the answers to the above questions, Ethan begins to wonder whether he'll ever get out of Wayward Pines alive.

I enjoyed what I saw on the FOX's tv adaptation, so I decided to check out the source material. Since I had already watched the entire series, I wasn't all that surprised by the twists and the turns but it was interesting to be able to compare the original to the adaptation. While there are difference some of which I wasn't expecting at all, it still a fun twisty read. I actually listened to the audiobook which was overall a good production but it took me a while to get into the style.

If you haven't read or watched this series, I recommend both especially if you enjoy The Twilight Zone. I fully plan on continuing the trilogy!




I listened to this audiobook from July 21 - 26, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review