Skip to main content

The Ultimate Book Tag


I've nominated myself from Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense.  This looks like it could be fun.  Here we go:

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?

Thankfully, no.  I would have been so bored on those road trips as a kid if I did.

2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?

Patrick Ness.  At least in The Chaos Walking trilogy - I've never seen anything else quite like it.

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.

Harry Potter.  1) Potter is about doing what is right in the face of adversity and facing your fears. 2) Give me a female character like Hermione any day.  3) Choice of going to a magic school vs. choice between a vampire and werewolf - Magic school, please.

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books…)?

I carry a purse, and sometimes a tote.  Usually, I have at least one book with me at all times.

5. Do you smell your books?

Not to be weird, but yes.

6. Books with or without little illustrations?

Either way is fine with me.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?

I won't waste your time and make a complete list, but trust me when I say it's a long one.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!

Ummm...None that I can think of off the top of my head.

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?


Definitely one of my old picture books.  Has anyone else read The Sailor Dog by Margaret Wise Brown?  I love that.


10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?

I have quite a few thick books...I have A Song of Ice and Fire all lined up on my shelf and they look really huge all set together like that.  That has to be around 5,000 pages.

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?

I enjoy writing, but I've always been more of a reader.

12. When did you get into reading?

I always have been, but I really, really got into it with Harry Potter.

13. What is your favorite classic book?

I've always had a soft spot for Roald Dahl.  And, Gothic Horror like Dracula and Frankenstein.

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?

Yes, English and History were two of my top subjects.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated… What would you do?

I would just be glad someone thought to give me my favorite type of gift.   

16. This is very mysterious, as this question is missing and when I tried to hunt it down, it couldn’t be found…

Sorry about that...

17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?

I can get distracted while I'm working on a post.  For example, my cat's just being so cute right now that it's hard get on with it. 

18. What is your favorite word?

Discombobulate - it just sounds like it fits the definition, doesn't it?

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?

I'd say geek, but of the options available I'll go with nerd.

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?

I've always been a lot more interested in vampires, especially when an author can do their own thing with them.

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?

Usually, I prefer shapeshifters just because there are so many possibilities.

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?

If by spirits, you mean ghosts, then definitely ghosts.  I suppose I prefer the eeriness and the history there.

23. Zombies or Vampires?

I've always been more interested in vampires.  Potentially, they are the scarier option of the two.

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?


Neither, but I've really had it with the love triangles lately, especially when they're done poorly.  Forbidden love it is, then.

25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?

Generally speaking, the less romance the better in my opinion.


If anyone would like to tag themselves, feel free!  Just link back to me so I can see your answers!

Comments

  1. I must agree with your choice of Chaos Walking. There is no other book quite like it. I'm a huge fan of the series. I think a lot of us have Harry Potter to thank for making us readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter didn't get me into reading, but before I read it I don't think I'd ever sped through a series so fast. Still remains my favorite!

    I loved Roald Dahl as a kid. I recently reread Matilda just to recapture the childhood memories. Still love him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd say it was about the same for me. I loved reading for me, but I guess the series exponentially boosted my love of reading. :)

      Delete
  3. Hahahahaha discombobulate is an awesome word! I'm so jealous that you don't get sick while reading in the car... what I wouldn't give! I did this tag as well! Here's my post: http://blueeyebooks.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-ultimate-book-tag.html

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows