Skip to main content

Sunday Funday

Over the past few days, I have had the chance to visit some of my favorite places to pick up new books, and I kind of went crazy.  I didn't spend very much money really, but I got quite a few books!  Have I mentioned how much I love my local library book sale, my local independent bookstore, and Ollie's Bargain Outlet!

At the library book sale I found:

Henna House by Nomi Eve (ARC) and Fan Art by Sarah Tregay (ARC)

If you attend library events or look at the local newspaper you can get a coupon good for a free book at the book sale - I was lucky enough to cut one out of the paper!

From my local bookstore which has ARC's available for free: 

The Lewis Man (Lewis Trilogy, #2) by Peter  May (ARC - my current read which will need to be returned for another reader), Salvage by Alexandra Duncan (ARC), Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes (ARC), and The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There (Fairyland, #2) by Catherynne M. Valente (ARC). 

I also purchased Raising Steam by Terry Pratchett (who doesn't like Moist von Lipwig?!), The Pearl Wars (Skyship Academy, #1) by Nick  James, and Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake.

From Ollie's (where they sell "good stuff cheap!") I found:

The House of Silk  A Sherlock Holmes Novel by Anthony HorowitzFlash Point by Nancy Kress, How to Lead a Life of Crime by Kirsten Miller, and Sirens (Faithful, #3) by Janet Fox.

What a book haul! 

Otherwise, over the past week, I've been pretty busy.  I had initially hoped to read more than one title for the #ReadingCram, but unfortunately I didn't have the time.  I worked over Halloween and I saw some good costumes from customers with their kids after trick-or-treating wrapped up.  My favorites were Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch) wearing his space suit (which included the extra arms and everything!) and Elsa with a plush Olaf from Frozen!  

This week, I also lucked out and won the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway for Wisconsin Vamp by Scott Burtness (3 winners were drawn from 302 entrants and I happened to be one of the lucky ones!).  



As for tv shows, I've been watching, I've finally caught up on Once Upon A Time and I've started in on Grimm and Constantine.  As for Grimm, Trubel is a breath of fresh air for the series and I personally hope Wu finds out or figures it out on his own somehow.  In regards to Constantine, I'm really liking the lead actor, Matt Ryan.  He definitely sets the tone and makes the show.  As a fan of Supernatural, I would be a little pleased if there was some kind of crossover, although, I know that will never happen!  I've also borrowed the BBC's The Musketeers from a friend and so far it's a lot of fun!  

Songs I heard this week that I never want to hear again (but probably will - over and over and over):

"Don't Tell 'Em" by Jeremih  - This song gives me a serious case of the creeps! 
"Habits" by Tove Lo - I don't want to hear any more about eating and throwing up in bath tubs.

Musical artists I actually want to hear more from:

Hozier
Vance Joy
Bastille
Della Mae
The Black Keys
Jake Bugg 
Paolo Nutini

By the way, those chocolate peanut butter Pop Tarts are really tasty! 

Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didin't