Skip to main content

Mrs Hudson's Diaries: A View From The Landing At 221B by Barry Cryer & Bob Cryer - Review

Mrs Hudson's Diaries: A View from the Landing at 221b


❋ 

Actual rating 2.5 stars.

I was really looking forward to reading this, but it didn't really live up to my expectations. I love the idea behind it, but in the end it didn't actually work as well as it could have. This could have been a really cool addition to the Sherlock Holmes canon, but it was middling at best.

This starts off along the lines of a "found footage" movie in this case though it's a stack of notebooks that are discovered and they happen to belong to Mrs. Hudson. She presents her life at Baker Street with Holmes and the Doctor in diary format. There are times when the authors really get the tone of the characters, but then there are times when it completely falls flat. I can say that I did enjoy picking out all of the references. Overall, I would have much preferred the story without the running commentary.


I read this from August 31 - September 2, 2014 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me A Fully Loaded Gift Card